Where do you think the Most Expensive Place to Marry is?
July 18, 2013
2011 marked the first year in a rise of wedding budgets since the economic downturn and 2012 followed in even higher budgets.
Check out some interesting Statistics from the 2012 results of the TheKnot.com & WeddingChannel.com Real Weddings Survey:
- Average Wedding Budget: $28,427 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $76,678 average spend
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $15,504 average spend
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,211
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 139
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (17%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (33%), Purple (26%), Green (23%), Metallics (23%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
New York City, Manhattan and Chicago rank in the top 3 most expensive places to marry; our neighbor Savannah, the Sacramento/Reno/Tahoe area and the state of Illinois are new additions to the top 20 most expensive list.
Check out the complete survey results for some interesting, and some surprising, statistics- PRNewsWire.com.