Cru Wishes You a Spook-tacular Halloween!
October 31, 2013
In the Spirit of Halloween we thought we’d share with you some ‘All Hallow’s Eve’ fun facts- and of course share some Spooky goodies we served up at a recent function (Who can celebrate without yummy treats?)!
How much money do Americans spend on Halloween fun each year?
– $5 Billion Dollars, making it the second most commercial holiday of the year.
How did Trick-or-Treating begin?
– Around the mid 1800’s poor people began going door-to-door begging for sweet breads in return for praying for the givers souls (also known as ‘souling’). Today’s Trick-or-Treating didn’t gain popularity until the 1930’s.
What celebrities share in the Halloween Holiday?
– Dermot Mulroney, Robert Schneider, Willow Smith and Vanilla Ice all share a birthday of October 31st. *Harry Houdini died on Halloween in 1926- by accident!
What state produces the most pumpkins?
– Illinois! Producing 542 million pounds of pumpkin in 2007!
How many trick-or-treaters are affected by altered candy each year?
– NONE! The idea of altered Halloween candy has basically no grounds. There have only been two known cases of poison found in Halloween candy; both of which ended up being intentional by family members!
We hope you all have a fun & safe Halloween!